Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A family is a unit composed not only of children but of men, women, an
occasional animal, and the common cold

Ogden Nash, 1902 - 1971

In my last post I made a comment about it seem like an age since I last wrote this post, but that I had not been idle!

Well - this time, it is an age and yes, I have been idle!

I am still waiting on my wood preserver to turn up, this is true, and I have been filling and sanding my roof assembly some more so now it is "ready" for action.

However, my final corner post still remains incomplete, so really I'm not a whole lot further ahead than I was last Friday, but 4 days have passed - including a weekend which is shameful!

In my defence, I've been suffering from a cold for the past few days, and at the weekend spent most of the day doing "family" things, such as visiting Tampa Zoo on Saturday and Pine Island Beach on Sunday.

Today though, the work begins again in earnest! Today, even if my wood preserver doesn't turn up I shall reignite the engines of progress for the sake of humanity! Who knows if that sky diving llama isn't lurking above, waiting to drop? I cannot put off the Great Work any longer.

One thing I did achieve is to purchase a replica "phone" from Ebay which will hopefully fit in the little phone cupboard on the TARDIS. Obviously it hasn't arrived yet, and I hope it will be small enough to fit on the door to the cupboard (as it should), though I'm prepared to mount it internally if necessary. Apparently it is fully operational, which gives me pause for thought as to some interesting possibilities......

No comments: