Wednesday, October 15, 2008

And so it begins......




.... or the alternative title "The first cut is the deepest"!


Taking my life into my own hands today, I picked up tape measure, pencil, right angle and went about marking up some lumber that I would then "introduce" to my table saw.


My first issue came up due to my own "economy". I needed some 6x1 beams at 55" long, which is a shade under 5 feet so I decide to buy 10 feet lengths as they were cheaper and it would produce less waste - essentially I chop off two 55" lengths leaving me with 10" of firewood.


This is fine, except manhandling 10 feet of wood on the table saw is actually quite hard - I'd have been better off with 6" lengths even though it would've cost more money and been more wasteful.
So, herewith some pictures of the first piece of lumber to fall under the blade, marking it up, and the table saw after the cut!

No comments: