Friday, October 24, 2008

Hey Mr Sandman..... bring me a dream....

"Eternity is really long, especially near the end of it."
Woody Allen, b.1935

It seems like an age since I last updated this blog, but in that time I've not been idle - oh no, not I!

Well, ok - perhaps a little!

I'm waiting on my wood preserver to turn up, and until it does, there is little I can achieve. 

Yesterday I started sanding down my roof assembly - praise him on high for my cordless sander which is frankly a miracle worker! It took probably less than 30 minutes to complete, but it did highlight some areas that require more wood filler, so I've reapplied some more today and will sand those areas again tomorrow!

Both the lamps I purchased turned up yesterday! The Gardman lamp looks a little large for my liking, and the Home Depot one looks perfect. However, it didn't come quite as unassembled as I'd anticipated so I need to work out how I can convert it for my purpose. I think I will try the conversion, but keep the Gardman in reserve in case I fail! It all hinges on me be able to undo a nut inside the lamp that I can't really get a spanner to! Oh well, these things are sent to try us.

On a totally unrelated note, except that it involved power tools, my new solar shower for the pool area turned up today and it's all installed and working!

No comments: