Wednesday, October 15, 2008


Brief update on something that happened yesterday, a little unrelated to this project but having some relevance.

Last week we bought a car, a 2002 Buick Rendezvous, for my family to run around in whilst we are in FL. Obviously, most people would just hire a car, but we'll be here for 3 months and possibly coming back again March 2009, so it seemed like a good investment.

Anyway, unlike in the UK, cars in Florida only require a number plate (or tag as they call it here) on the rear of the vehicle. However, since this isn't the case in other US states, there is often provision for a plate on the front of the vehicle, and it is common for people in the US to stick what they call a "vanity plate" where the tag would normally go.

Anyway, I decided to get a plate made up with my Foxmeister monicker and logo and stick in on the front of the car, and the end result you can see pictured here.

What's the relevance to this project?

Well, I needed to drill some holes to get the plate onto the car so I got out my brand new cordless drill, and promptly realized that whilst I'd bought the tool, I'd neglected to actually buy any drill bits for it! 

Fortunately I managed to find one kicking about, but before the project can go much further I'll have to drop down to the hardware store (I'll go to the little local Crowders shop this time) and pick up an array of appropriate drill bits!

No comments: